Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Soft Snackin' Chips with Basil Pesto
Pizza dough also makes for great snackin' and I love Basil Pesto so I combine the 2 to make an irresistible soft chip.
Write a review
- 1/2 pkg. Nino's Fresh Artisan Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup Nino's Homemade Basil Pesto (or Cibo Brand Basil Pesto)
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (packed in oil), chopped
- To Taste Cracked Black Pepper
- To Taste Kosher Salt
- As Needed Vegetable Spray Oil
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to less than 1/4" thick (thinner than the thickness of a pencil).
- Smear the entire amount of basil pesto over the dough then top with the shredded Parmesan cheese, and the chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Then season with freshly cracked black pepper and kosher salt.
- Cut the dough into 2" x 2" pieces of any shape (square, triangles or rectangles) then place the pieces on a non-stick baking sheet separated by one inch from one another.
- Spray the pieces lightly with vegetable oil and bake in a 375 F degree oven for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until medium brown.
- When cool, store in an air-tight container and enjoy plain or with heated Salvaggio's Marinara Sauce.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/