Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Smoked Kielbasa with Braised Red Cabbage
A Polish comfort food for sure. And when you use Nino's Maple Cured Bacon, this dish takes on an additional sweetness that adds to its savoriness. The Braised Red Cabbage is a traditional go-together with any grilled or braised sausage and is a colorful addition to the table. It's especially pleasing during the cold weather months.
Write a review
- 1 Lb Nino's Maple Cured Bacon, cut in 1/2" pieces
- 8 oz. Sweet Onion, peeled, cored, cut in 1/2" slices
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Green Onion, cut on 1/4" bias cut
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, cut in 1/2" pieces
- 1 Head Red Cabbage, cored, quartered, cut in 1/2" strips
- 2 cups Chicken Stock/Broth
- 1⁄2 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 drops Liquid Smoke
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 28 oz. Nino's Butcher Shop Brand Genuine Smoked Kielbasa
- Saute bacon until crisp, add onions and garlic and saute to soften but do not color.
- Add apples and saute 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and sweat with saute ingredients (covered) until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook, covered 5 minutes.
- Remove sauteed cabbage mixture to a 2 to 3 inch deep casserole dish. Cut Kielbasa in 1 inch bias cut pieces and arrange on top of cabbage mixture.
- Cover and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until Kielbasa is heated through.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/