Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
A kid classic Comfort Food! Great on any bun but try it on a Toasted Onion roll for a real treat!
Write a review
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. Ground Chuck Beef
- 1 Tbsp. Butter Flavor Oil
- 1 cup Vidalia Onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Green Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. Cumin
- 3⁄4 tsp. Chili Powder
- 3⁄4 tsp. Paprika
- 1 3⁄4 cup Heinz Brand Ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup Water
- 3 Tbsp. Yellow Salad Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. Dry Oregano
- 2 drops Liquid Smoke
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Saute onion, peppers and garlic in butter oil.
- Add Ground Beef to vegetables and brown well. Drain off all excess liquids.
- Place drained beef mixture in pot and add all remaining ingredients. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Makes 8 cups
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/