Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Sauteed Shrimp & Scallops with Potato Gnocchi, Asparagus & Mushrooms
This dish is not only a great entree but is just as easily down sized to make a delicious starter. Feel free to add crab, lobster or any seafood to make this recipe suit your tastes.
Write a review
- 12 Peeled & De-Veined Shrimp, 21/25 Size
- 8 Sea Scallops
- 1 pkg. Potato Gnocchi, 16 oz. (Gia Russa or DeLallo brand)
- 2 Tbsp. Salvaggio's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch Asparagus, cut in 1" pieces
- 4 med. large Mushrooms, quartered
- 12 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto
- 2 cups Nino's Homemade Palomino Sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded or shaved
- Begin by par-cooking the potato gnocchi in boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until they float. Remove from the water and set aside then blanch the asparagus in that same water for 3 minutes, remove and set aside.
- In a non-stick saute pan over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and sear the shrimp and scallops on both sides (about 1 minute on each side for the shrimp and 2 to 3 minutes on each side for the scallops).
- Set aside your cooked seafood on a small plate and then add the remaining 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Saute the garlic, mushrooms and blanched asparagus 2 to 3 minutes then add the halved grape tomatoes and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add back the reserved shrimp, scallops and gnocchi to your saute pan, then add the basil pesto and toss.
- When all ingredients are heated together, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with a ladle of heated Palomino Sauce and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/