Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
If you’d like to try rhubarb, now is the perfect time of the year to do so because it’s coming into the peak of its season. Here is a simple recipe to start.
Write a review
- 3 Cups Michigan Rhubarb; Unpeeled and Diced
- 1 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 TBSP Water
- 6 TBSP Salted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Unbleached Flour
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Spray a 10” X 6” X 2” baking dish with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a small bowl, combine and stir together the first 6 ingredients then turn them into the baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Cream the butter together with the flour and brown sugar, then stir in the oats to make a crumbly like streusel topping mixture.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the rhubarb.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender and the top is golden brown.
- If you’d like to add fresh strawberries to it you can omit 1 cup of the rhubarb and add 1 cup of halved strawberries in its place.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/