Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Red Ginger Martini
There are so many interesting and unique items down our produce aisles. One of the most fragrant is the bushel of dried hibiscus flowers. Try this ginger accented martini for a refreshing and spicy drink!
Write a review
- 1 oz. Hibiscus-Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 oz. Vodka (you could use gin, however I find the flavor is lost amongst the spice)
- 2 oz. Club Soda
- To make the simple syrup: Cut a 2" piece of ginger into thin slices. Add 1 1/2 cups water, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1 large handful of dried hibiscus flowers (about 7 buds) and the sliced ginger to a small sauce pan. Bring to a low boil, cover and remove from the heat. Steep the infusion until cooled to room temperature. Strain out the flowers and ginger-reserving some for garnishes.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine the Hibiscus-Ginger Syrup and Vodka in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a martini glass and top with Club Soda.
- Garnish with a dried Hibiscus bud.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/