Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Ragin’ Cajun Potato Salad
If you like spicy, if you’re looking for a potato salad with a “kick!” this potato salad will fit the bill and it’s a perfect for just about ANY barbecue fare.
Write a review
- 2 Lbs Baby Red Skin Potatoes, cut in half
- ¼ Cup Salvaggio’s Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 3 to 4 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 4 Strips Bacon, Cut in ½” pieces
- 1/3 Cup Sweet Onion, diced ½”
- 1 TBSP Garlic, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Colorful Bell Peppers, diced ½”
- ¼ Cup Celery, diced ½ “
- 2/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 TBSP Salvaggio’s Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp Tobasco
- 2 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 2 TBSP Chopped Parsley
- Toss halved red skin potatoes in Cajun seasonings and vegetable oil and roast in a 375 F oven for approximately 40 minutes or until tender. Chill.
- While potatoes are roasting, sauté bacon until crisp then add onions, garlic, bell peppers and celery to the bacon and grease and cook one additional minute only.
- Reserve bacon, the cooked vegetables and 2 TBSP of the resulting bacon grease and toss with the cooked potatoes while warm. Allow this mixture to cool.
- Toss potato mixture with the mayonnaise, mustard, Tabasco and salt.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/