Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pumpkin Pecan Biscuits
These tender, sweet biscuits go great with Pork Roasts or Grilled Chicken or they're fabulous all on their own with honey and butter.
Write a review
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 stick Salted Butter
- 1⁄3 cup Pecan Pieces, toasted
- 2⁄3 cup Canned or Cooked Pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup Half and Half or Cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients
- Cut in butter with fork or pastry knife until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Combine pumpkin and Half & Half (or cream); stir into dry ingredients. Turn onto a floured surface; and gently fold dough over itself 2 or 3 times.
- Lightly flour then roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness & cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet or non-stick silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Makes about 10 to 12, 2 1/2" biscuits.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/