Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pumpkin Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta, (the Italian words for cooked cream) is an Italian, custard-like dessert which is often flavored with caramel. This particular Panna Cotta, is NO BAKE, uses NO eggs, and is, as a result, tender, light and has a very clean, pumpkin taste.
Write a review
- 1 1⁄2 cups Milk
- 1 envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Cooked Pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1⁄4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Put 1/2 cup of the milk in a 6 or 8 cup saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, blend together the remaining milk, cream, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. The mixture should be perfectly smooth, so it is best to use a blender.
- Turn the heat under the saucepan to low and cook the milk, stirring occasionally, until the gelatin dissolves.
- Pour in the cream/pumpkin mixture and turn the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until steam rises.
- Turn off the heat and ladle or pour the mixture into 8, 4 oz. ramekins or other containers.
- Chill the Panna Cotta until firm and serve.
- Makes 8 - 4 ounce portions.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/