Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Unlike fudgie brownies, these brownies bake up more tender and cake-like. In addition to the pumpkin batter and cream cheese filling, you can also add additional ingredients such as chopped pecans or chocolate chips (dark, white or even butterscotch).
Write a review
- 1⁄3 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 2 Extra Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Cooked Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. Salt
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Extra Large Egg
- 1⁄3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- Butter and then flour a cake or casserole pan of about 8" x 8", then pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the butter with the brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 eggs until light and fluffy then stir in the pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup of flour with baking powder, soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly beat the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until well blended then spread in prepared baking pan.
- Next, prepare the cream cheese filling by beating together the softened cream cheese, 1 egg, confectioner's sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons flour until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cream cheese batter onto the pumpkin batter and then, using a small utensil, swirl the cream cheese batter into the pumpkin batter without scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Makes about 9 - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" brownies.
- If you'd like to add some additional garnishes to your Pumpkin Brownies such as pecans or chocolate chips, add 1/3 cup pecans (or walnuts) or about 1/2 cup chocolate chips. If you use BOTH, add about 1/4 cup of each.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/