Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pulled Rotisserie Chicken Bistro Saute
One of my "Healthy Meal" favorites. This tried and true standby is chock full of meat, veggies and potato. I also like to add a handful of fresh baby spinach on occasions!
Write a review
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, pulled meat, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 each Red Onion, cut in 3/8" strips
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2 head Broccoli, cut in florettes
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 ea. Red Skin Potatoes, cut in half or 3/4" pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning Herbs (dry) or (1/4 tsp. of each - Basil, Oregano, Marjoram, Thyme)
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Marsala Wine (optional)
- - Salt and Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Toss together red skin potatoes, 2 Tbsp. olive oil and Italian seasonings and place in a shallow roasting pan or oven-proof dish. Roast potatoes in a 375 F oven approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and soft. Remove potatoes from the oven and set aside while you begin the saute.
- In a medium saute pan over medium high heat, add the 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and when heated, add onions and saute to lightly color, then add the sliced garlic and saute only one minute longer. Add carrots and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch into the chicken broth and add to the sauteed mixture. Bring the resulting sauce and vegetables to a simmer, then add the broccoli. Reduce sauce to a gentle simmer and stir occasionally until the broccoli is al dente.
- Add pulled chicken meat and stir to re-warm and add the (optional) Marsala Wine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and plate in a shallow rim soup bowl or a deep welled plate.
- Garnish with the roasted potatoes and serve.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/