Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pole Bean Salad with Mushrooms
Pole Beans are not a specific variety of bean but rather a distinction of growth characteristic in which the bean plant itself grows vertically on trellises or poles rather than in a bush like form. Many different bean varieties can actually be grown as either “Pole Beans” or Bush Beans including many types of snap beans, lima beans and runner type “string beans”. Beans contain fiber and a lot of protein, including the essential amino acid lysine. (Most grains lack lysine; combine them with beans, however, and they form a complete protein.) Pole Beans also provide folacin (folic acid) and some minerals. All together, beans are a healthful vegetable, and they taste delicious.
Write a review
- 2 cups Green Pole Beans, cut 2"
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced 1/4"
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut in thin slivers
- 2 cups White Mushrooms, sliced 1/4"
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. Tarragon, fresh, chopped
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Blanch beans in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water to stop cooking and preserve color. Drain, chill and place in a bowl with tomatoes, onion and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, place mustard, garlic and tarragon. With a whip, whisk in olive oil and vinegar in a slow drizzle to create an emulsion.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/