Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pink Lady Apple "Skillet Pancakes"
A natural cross between the Golden Delicious and Lady Williams varieties. Pink Lady Apples have a beautiful pink blush and a refreshing and sweet, champagne-like taste – making them perfect for eating out of hand and excellent for fresh salads, pies, in sauces and overall baking. This puffy pancake, a cousin of the Dutch Baby pancake, is a signature item at many pancake houses. The Pink Lady® Brand Cripps Pink Variety apples keep their shape and texture so you have distinct slices to enjoy with the spicy pancake.
Write a review
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Pink Lady Brand Cripps Pink Variety Apple
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Measure butter, brown sugar and cinnamon into 10-inch skillet with ovenproof handle* and heat in oven, stirring occasionally until very hot and bubbly, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, core and slice the apple.
- When butter mixture is bubbly, carefully remove pan from oven and arrange apple slices in circle in pan.
- Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes while preparing batter.
- In mixing bowl or blender, combine eggs, milk, flour and salt and beat or blend until smooth.
- Slowly pour batter over apples in skillet, distributing evenly.
- Return to oven until puffy and well-browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Invert serving plate on top of skillet, then turn over and lift skillet off to serve hot, apple-side up.
- *To ovenproof skillet handle, wrap well with aluminum foil.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/