Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pete's VERY Hearty Noodle Soup
I prefer to make my chicken broth from a whole chicken with some onions, celery and carrots and use both the broth and some of the cooked meat for my garnish. Keep in mind that chicken broth will be seasoned a bit by the addition of the Italian Sausage and the shrimp so don't over do the seasoning. Plus, you can add your own additional ingredients or change the Penne Pasta to another pasta you happen to have in the cupboard. Note: everything in this recipe can be diced about 3/8" to 1/2" in size.
Write a review
- 1 cup Sweet Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1/4 cup Carrot, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 quarts Chicken Broth or Stock
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken Meat, diced
- 2 links Nino's Sweet Italian Sausage, cooked & diced
- 6-8 Shrimp, RAW, medium sized, peeled, deveined and diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1/2 cup Navy Beans, canned, rinsed
- 1 handful Baby Spinach Leaves
- 2 cups Cooked Penne Pasta (al dente)
- 1 tsp. Dry Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano
- 1 pinch Thyme, dry
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- In a large sauce pan or pot, sweat the onions, celery and carrots in the butter until tender. Do not brown.
- Add everything else.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/