Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pete’s Corned Beef Hash
If you’d like to try one of my breakfast favorites I’ve JUST posted my cherished CORNED BEEF HASH recipe because I can NEVER seem to find anyone who makes it like the “Good Ole” days..
Write a review
- 2 Cups Cooked Corned Beef, Chopped
- 5 Cups Cooked Red Skin Potatoes, Chopped
- 2 TBSP Bacon Grease (or Butter)
- 1 Cup Sweet Onions, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Celery, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 2 tsp Dry Mustard
- ½ tsp Granulated Garlic
- Pinch Dry Thyme
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- As Needed Beef Stock (or Broth)
- As Needed Butter & or Vegetable Oil (to Fry)
To Make Mixture
- Sauté onions, celery and peppers in bacon grease or butter until soft (do not brown) and place into a medium to large size mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Add chopped corned beef, potato, dry mustard, thyme, salt and pepper and toss.
- Mash slightly to allow the ingredients to bind.
- Add a splash of beef stock / broth (if needed) to keep the hash moist.
To Cook Hash
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add a small amount of vegetable oil or butter in the pan and then the corned beef mixture.
- Allow the hash to cook and brown on one side then either carefully flip the mixture or slide onto a large dinner plate.
- Turn the plate / mixture over and slide back onto the hot pan to once again brown on the opposite side.
- When browned on both sides, slide on to a dinner plate or platter and serve alone or with poached or fried eggs.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/