Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
This recipe, using pecans, is one that I first started baking in the late 60s, even before I went off to cooking school. It’s a no-egg recipe, resulting in a very light and tender cookie FULL of pecan flavor.
Write a review
- 8 oz (2 Sticks) Salted Butter
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Pecan Pieces, Finely Ground
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp PURE Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Mix all ingredients (EXCEPT POWDERED SUGAR) together in a food processor until just uniformly mixed.
- Wrap dough in waxed paper or plastic wrap and chill.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and space 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in a pre-heated 375 F oven about 15 minutes or until cookies look cracked on the surface and are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to fully cool, and then roll in powdered sugar. Serve.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes about 24 - 1" cookies.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/