Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pear Chutney with Fresh Ginger and Sesame
Chutney is a condiment, a sort of relishy sauce, which is traditionally served with roasted meats. This recipe with pears goes well with Teriyaki Roasted or Grilled Chicken.
Write a review
- 4 cups Bosc or Bartlett Pears, peeled, cored and diced one half inch (approx. 4 pears)
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1⁄2 cup Raisins, dark
- 1⁄2 cup Cherries, sun-dried
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp. Ginger, fresh, grated
- 1⁄4 cup Red Onion, cut one half inch
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion, cut in one quarter inch bias cuts
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar, granulated
- 1⁄2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Seeds
- In a heavy saucepan, over medium high heat, saute apples in butter until lightly browned.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer very gently on low heat until mixture thickens.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in toasted sesame seeds. Serve or refrigerate.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/