Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Parmesan Alfredo Sauce
This sauce is a great one to prepare in advance and have in your freezer as it can be successfully reheated anytime you're in the mood. You can also experiment with different cheeses in the recipe to add new flavors.
Write a review
- 2 TBSP Salted Butter
- 2 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 1 TBSP Garlic, Fresh
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated (or 1/2 cup Parmesan and 1/2 cup of Asiago, Gruyere or Havarti)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups Milk or Half & Half
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and saute garlic briefly. Do not brown the garlic.
- Add flour to make a "roux" and stir one to two minutes to cook. The roux should remain golden color. Do not brown.
- Add milk (or half and half) while whisking constantly and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Add Parmesan (or other cheeses) and bring back to a simmer.
- Add black pepper and season to taste with salt.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/