Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Panini Grilled Three Cheese Sandwich
Why have 1 cheese when you can have 3! The addition of fresh basil and tomato make this sandwich a real gourmet grilled cheese sandwich worthy of a fine lunch. Enjoy with a cup of hot and creamy tomato soup or with some freshly fried chips.
Write a review
- 4 slices Zingerman's Sesame Semolina Bread
- 2 slices Medium Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 slices Pepperjack Cheese
- 1 Red Onion, thin slice, broken into small strips
- 6 Large Leaves of Fresh Basil, chopped
- - Black Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 Roma Tomato, sliced thin
- - Basil Pesto (Optional)
- On one slice of bread, begin by placing the slice of Cheddar Cheese, then Provolone. Place a few thin slices of tomato across the cheese, then a few leaves of basil then a few strips of red onion.
- Finish sandwich build by seasoning the tomato, basil and onion with a little freshly grated black pepper then place the final slice of Pepperjack cheese on top. Add the top slice of bread and grill.
- To Grill: if pan grilling, butter bread on both sides and place in a pre-heated non-stick skillet (preferred) and grill on both sides until medium brown and the cheese is melted.
- To Panini Grill: No buttering of the bread is necessary. Place the finished sandwich in the grill, close the cover and grill until the bread is crisp and golden.
- Makes 2 sandwiches.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/