Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Orange Alert Salad
Both colorful and delicious, this salad has a Southwest Citrus style taste and is excellent for an outdoor summer picnic. Garnish with crisp wasabi peas for an extra treat!
Write a review
- - For The Salad
- 1 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Jicama, peeled, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1 pkg. Nino's Italian Greens Medley
- 3 cups Naval Oranges, about 4, segmented
- - For The Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup Fresh Orange Juice (from your oranges)
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. Cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Drizzle half the dressing over the onions, bell pepper & jicama. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, remove onions & jicama from the dressing & toss with the lettuce.
- Arrange oranges on top and drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/