Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Nino's Chocolate Market Basket Mousse
This recipe can be used as a pie filling, a cake filling or you can pour it into small ramekin dishes or parfait glasses and serve as is with a garnish of freshly whipped cream and berries of your choice.
Write a review
- 10 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 stick Salted Butter
- 5 each Egg Yolks
- 8 each Egg Whites
- 1⁄4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler.
- Remove melted chocolate from heat and beat in egg yolks, then let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Whip egg whites and 1/4 cup granulated sugar together to a soft peak and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla together to a firm peak and fold into chocolate mixture.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/