Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Mini-Apple Oatmeal Chew Snacks
Here's a recipe you can enjoy for a late night snack, for the kid's lunch boxes or on the road when you're in the mood for a quick, pick me up. And it's gluten free!
Write a review
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats, gluten free
- 1⁄4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. Salt
- 1 1⁄2 Cup Milk
- 1⁄4 Cup Applesauce
- 3 Egg Whites (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple, cored, peeled and cut into small 1/2" pieces
- 1⁄3 Cup Raisins or Currants
- 1⁄4 Cup Toasted Almonds, chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup Toasted Coconut, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then spray a mini (about 1 1/2" size) cupcake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, applesauce, and egg whites.
- Stir the milk mixture into the oat mixture until just combined then fold in the apples, raisins, almonds and coconut.
- Fill each cupcake impression about 3/4 full. Bake for about 30-40 minutes of until tops are browned.
- Makes about 2 dozen small chews.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/