Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Michigan Honey Rock Melon Salad with Mint and Basil Dressing
Write a review
- 1 Honey Rock Melon, seeded, peeled and cut into 1" to 2" pieces
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup (equal amounts sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves, cool)
- 2 Tbsp. Amaretto Liquor (optional)
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Add to a blender the chopped mint, chopped basil, lemon juice, simple syrup and Amaretto. Blend until smooth.
- Add the vinaigrette to the melon and toss to combine. Garnish with mint and basil sprigs and cracked black pepper, to taste.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/