Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Mediterranean Style Seafood Marinara Sauce
Like Bouillabaisse, the celebrated Provencal Style soup, this sauce is chock full of seafood and has a heady aroma of herbs, spices and, of course saffron! With just a little extra water, clam juice or seafood stock, this delicious sauce is also a phenomenal soup!
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup Sweet Onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Calamari, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Shrimp Meat, Raw, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Scallop Meat, Raw, chopped
- 3 cups Diced Tomatoes in Juice, canned
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Lobster Base, Minor's Brand
- 1⁄4 cup Water
- 1⁄4 cup Red Wine
- 1 pinch Saffron Threads
- 1⁄4 tsp. Oregano, Crushed
- 1⁄2 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Parsley, Italian Leaf, Fresh, chopped
- Heat olive oil in sauce pot.
- Add onion, then peppers and garlic and saute on medium heat until just tender. Do not brown.
- Add minced calamari, shrimp and scallops and saute until opaque and cooked through.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer on very low heat (covered) for approximately 1 to 2 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Add additional water if necessary to adjust consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/