Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Mediterranean Broiled Halibut
Write a review
- 1 – 8 oz Halibut Fillet
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- To Taste Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Nino’s Mediterranean Seafood Chowder
- 1 Loaf Salvaggio's Garlic Bread Loaf
- 1 TBSP Italian Parsley, Chopped
- Bake Salvaggio's Garlic bread per instructions and keep warm.
- Pre-heat oven broiler and position an oven rack approximately 6 inches below it.
- Lightly spray a broiler pan with vegetable spray and place halibut fillet on the pan skin side down.
- Paint the flesh side of the halibut fillet (the one now facing up) with 1 TBSP olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Place halibut under the broiler and cook until fish is opaque and slightly browns, typically, this takes about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the thickness of your halibut fillet. The fish should be firm and lightly flake with a fork.
- While the fish is broiling, place the Seafood Chowder in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- When fish is fully cooked, serve by placing one cup of the chowder in a shallow rim soup bowl then place the broiled halibut on top.
- Cut garlic bread into 1” to 2 “ thick slices and position them within the bowl surrounding the fish.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of freshly chopped Italian Parsley.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/