Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
What can be said about Meat Lasagna other than this recipe is a VERY straight forward version of this classic recipe. You can omit some of the ground beef and replace it with ground sweet Italian Sausage (up to 25%) and this recipe will have a new savory spirit.
Write a review
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Romano Cheese
- 1⁄2 each Sweet or Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Ricotta Cheese
- 1 1⁄4 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 each Egg, extra large
- 1 each Egg Yolk
- 3⁄4 Lb Ground Pork
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- - Garlic Powder, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups Salvaggio's Marinara Sauce
- 1 box Lasagna Pasta Noodles, blanched in boiling salted water until al dente
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add meats to onions and brown, then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cool. Then add 1 cup of Marinara Sauce to the meat mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese, eggs and parsley flakes.
- Layer in 9" x 13" pan as outlined below.
- Start with a 1/4 cup of Marinara Sauce on the bottom of the dish then the first of 3 layers of pasta sheets (cut to fit) over the sauce. Next, sprinkle half of the ricotta mix, then 1/3rd of the shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, then 1/2 of the meat mix, another layer of pasta, pat down and repeat once more starting with more sauce, then the remaining half of the ricotta mix, remaining half of the meat mix and the second third of the shredded cheeses.
- Finish with a third layer of noodles, a coating of sauce, the remaining cheeses and a sprinkle of dry parsley.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown, cooked through and bubbly (approximately 1 hour).
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/