Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Maize n' Bleu Burgers
My Maize n' Bleu Burgers are stuffed with corn (maize) & Bleu (Blue) cheese which are natural pairings. Stuffed Burgers are always a treat for tailgates. Go Bleu!
Write a review
- 2 lbs. Ground Sirloin
- 3 Strips Bacon, Chopped
- ¼ cup Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Bleu Cheese, Crumbled
- Saute chopped bacon on medium heat until crisp.
- Add garlic and onion to the sautéed bacon and continue to cook until softened.
- Add corn and sauté 1 minute longer then remove from the heat and allow mixture to fully cool, leaving bacon grease in the mixture. (Unless excessive).
- Divide ground sirloin into 4 equal portions.
- Pick up one portion of the ground beef in your palm, shape into a tennis ball shape, then press your thumb into the middle and pinch outward towards your index finger to create a large pocket on the middle. When the interior pocket is a little larger than a golf ball size stuff the inside with 2 tbsp. of both the sautéed corn mixture and the crumbled bleu cheese.
- Seal the pocket opening by pressing the exterior beef over the hole then gently flatten the ball into a burger patty approximately 1 inch thick.
- Repeat for the remaining burger and filling. If you have any remaining filling, you can use it as a topping later.
- Cook burgers to desired doneness as you would any burger, either by grilling or pan-frying.
- Serve on a bun of your choice with your favorite condiments.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/