Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Low Fat Applesauce Muffins
This recipe is not only a healthier muffin, it's also low in fat. You may also consider adding 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts to this recipe.
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Oats
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl combine applesauce, buttermilk, sugar, oil and egg.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add applesauce mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in raisins.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Makes 1 dozen 2" Muffins
- Per muffin: Calories 208, Calories from Fat 37, Total Fat 4.1g (sat 0.6g), Cholesterol 18mg, Sodium 123mg, Carbohydrate 37.4g, Fiber 3.8g, Protein 5.4g
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/