Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken Lettuce Wraps have been one of the "hottest" chicken appetizers and entrees of the decade ever since becoming popular at P.F. Chang restaurants. Our version, is every bit as good! Enjoy wrappped in crisp lettuce leaves or even stuffed in cucumber cups. Serve hot or cold.
Write a review
- 6 oz. Boneless Chicken Breast, raw, finely chopped (raw beef sirloin or raw shrimp may be substituted)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil (to fry)
- 1⁄2 cup Water Chestnuts, drained, diced 1/4"
- 1 cup Domestic White Mushrooms, diced 1/4"
- 1⁄2 cup Shittake Mushrooms, caps only, diced 1/4"
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion (green part only), cut thin on bias
- 1 tsp. Garlic, fresh, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce (Soy Vey brand if available)
- 2 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 drop Liquid Smoke
- 1⁄2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. Hoisin Sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 tsp. Oyster Sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup Lettuce Wrap Dipping Sauce
- In preheated wok or fry pan, add chicken (beef or shrimp) and quickly saute until browned.
- Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onion and garlic and stir fry for one minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients and saute one minute.
- Serve wrapped in lettuce leaf.
- Makes 2 cups.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/