Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Kentucky Bourbon Balls
Bourbon balls are more of a sweet confection than a dessert. Their Bourbon accented butter cream filling with pecans and chocolate are a southern favorite.
Write a review
- 1 – 16 oz Package Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Kentucky Bourbon
- ¼ Cup Salted Butter, Softened
- 24 Pecan Halves (about 1 ¼ Cups)
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Coating
- 2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- Stir together sugar, bourbon and softened butter. Refrigerate until firm.
- Shape the sugar/butter mixture into 1” size balls and place them on a waxed paper lined sheet pan.
- Gently press a pecan half on top of each ball.
- Melt chocolate and oil.
- Dip balls into the chocolate (using a fork), then allow excess to drip off and place pecan side up on the waxed paper.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Makes about 2 dozen balls
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/