Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Julienne Fresh Pumpkin with Bacon and Scallions
This recipe is one that surprises a lot of folks because they’re just not used to eating pumpkin this way. Once they try it, it’s an instant home run side dish for the next holiday.
Write a review
- 6 cups Uncooked Pie Pumpkin, Julienned
- 1/2 lb. Bacon, Cut in 1/2 Inch Pieces
- 1 cup Red Onion, cut in 1/4 inch x 2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, cut 1/2 inch on angle
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, Cracked
- Sauté bacon in a medium sauté or fry pan until crisp.
- Remove all but 1/4 cup grease and add red and green onions.
- Sauté one minute over medium heat.
- Add julienne pumpkin and sauté until pumpkin is al dente.
- Add cracked pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/