Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Italian Sausage and Peppers
One of the most popular recipes at Nino's starts with one of our most popular ingredients, namely our house made Italian Sausage links. Whether you choose mild (sweet) or hot, these sausages are an essential component of this dish which is great served hot or cold. Colorful bell peppers give this recipe exciting eye appeal.
Write a review
- 2 lbs. Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion, sliced
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Large Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bake sausage in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Alternately, grill sausages over a medium to medium-low flame, until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- While sausages are cooking, saute the onion wedges in olive oil until al dente. Add peppers and cook until desired firmness.
- Cut cooked sausages into 1-2" pieces and add to cooked onions and peppers.
- Add spices to mixture and cook on low for 10-15 minutes and serve.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/