Radicchio, Grapefruit and Spinach Salad
A particularly tart and refreshing salad. The combination of Radicchio, Grapefruit and Olives gives this salad a bold and distinctively European flavor.
Ingredients for 4 Portions:
|5 ||Tbsp. ||Red Wine Vinegar |
|1 ||Tbsp. ||Fennel Seeds, crushed |
| 1⁄2 ||cup ||Olive Oil, Extra Virgin |
|2 ||each ||White or Pink Grapefruit |
|1 ||10 oz head ||Radicchio, torn into bite size pieces |
|8 ||oz. ||Baby Spinach Leaves |
| 1⁄2 ||cup ||Kalamata Olives |
- Combine vinegar and fennel seeds in a medium size bowl.
- Gradually wisk in oil with the salt and pepper.
- Cut all rind and pith from grapefruits and segement.
- Stir the segments into the dressing and allow to stand 1 hour to marinate.
- Toss radicchio, spinach and olives together. Pour marinated grapefruit and dressing over and toss.