Imitation Seafood Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
This recipe can be adapted to a number of different prepared salads 'stuffings" including Tuna Fish, Chicken Salad or even Macaroni. The Pepperjack Cheese gives this dish a decidedly spicy kick.
Ingredients for 4 Portions:
|2 ||lbs. ||Imitation Seafood Salad |
|8 ||each ||Portobello Mushroom Caps |
|8 ||each ||Pepperjack Cheese |
|- || ||Paprika |
- Trim off the stem of the mushroom at the caps base.
- Carefully cut off the underside mushroom "gills" leaving the lip intact.
- Wipe any debris off of caps with a clean, damp towel and place stem side up on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Place approximatelly 1/2 cup of Imitation Seafood salad mounded on each mushroom cap.
- Place a slice of Pepperjack Cheese over the top of the salad mixture and sprinkle very lightly with paprika for color.
- Repeat with the remaining 7 mushroom caps.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms in a pre-heated 350 F oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the salad mixture is warmed through.
- Serve with an accompaniment greens salad.