Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Imitation Seafood Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
This recipe can be adapted to a number of different prepared salads 'stuffings" including Tuna Fish, Chicken Salad or even Macaroni. The Pepperjack Cheese gives this dish a decidedly spicy kick.
Write a review
- This recipe can be adapted to a number of different prepared salads 'stuffings" including Tuna Fish, Chicken Salad or even Macaroni. The Pepperjack Cheese gives this dish a decidedly spicy kick.
- 2 lbs. Imitation Seafood Salad
- 8 each Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 8 each Pepperjack Cheese
- - Paprika
- Trim off the stem of the mushroom at the caps base.
- Carefully cut off the underside mushroom "gills" leaving the lip intact.
- Wipe any debris off of caps with a clean, damp towel and place stem side up on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Place approximatelly 1/2 cup of Imitation Seafood salad mounded on each mushroom cap.
- Place a slice of Pepperjack Cheese over the top of the salad mixture and sprinkle very lightly with paprika for color.
- Repeat with the remaining 7 mushroom caps.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms in a pre-heated 350 F oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the salad mixture is warmed through.
- Serve with an accompaniment greens salad.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/