Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Write a review
- 1 large Egg Yolk, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher Salt, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil (I'd recommend a "neutral oil" such as Canola)
- Place the egg yolk and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and mustard; blend well.
- With the motor running, add the oil, drop by drop. This will take a few minutes. Don't rush it or the mayonnaise may "break", meaning the oil will separate from the egg. (Note - If your food processor has a small hole in the feed-tube pusher, pour the oil in there and let it drip through.)
- Once you've added the oil, sample the mayo and add more salt or lemon juice to taste.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Stir before spreading.
- Makes about 1 cup.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/