Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Homemade Granola Cereal
This Granola recipe is delicious as a cereal or snack anytime of the day. Feel free to add additional ingredients (like sun-dried fruit or additional nut varieties) to suit your own individual tastes.
Write a review
- 7 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Wheat Germ
- 1 cup Wheat Bran
- 1⁄2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1⁄2 cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1⁄2 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract (Pure)
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Pecans or Slivered Almonds
- 1 cup Flaked Sweet Coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, wheat germ and wheat bran.
- In a medium bowl, blend brown sugar, vegetable oil, maple syrup (or honey), water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir the moist, seasoning mixture into the oat mixture until evenly moistened, and transfer to a large, shallow baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until lightly brown. Mix raisins, pecans and coconut into the dish, and continue baking about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then store in airtight containers until use.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/