Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Hearty Italian Medley
Here’s a perfect example of one of my Hearty Winter Soups. I really enjoy this soup with some warm, crusty garlic bread. You can also garnish this soup with freshly grated Parmesan cheese as it’s bowled up.
Write a review
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Fennel, Sliced Thin
- ½ cup Sweet Onions, Cut ¾” Diced
- 1 tsp. Chopped Garlic
- 2 Links Sweet Italian Sausage, Cut in ½” Pieces
- 1 cup Chicken Breast, Diced ½”
- 1 cup Small Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined
- ½ cup Diced Tomatoes, With Juice
- 1 Quart Chicken Broth (or Stock)
- 1 Big Handful Baby Spinach Leaves
- ¼ tsp. Oregano
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- In a medium-size sauce pot, sauté fennel, onion and garlic over medium heat until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add sausage, chicken and shrimp. Cover and cook (while stirring occasionally) until chicken and sausages are cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes
- Add spinach and oregano and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 1 1/2 quarts.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/