Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Healthy Chicken Flautas
Here is one of Chef Pete's favorite "healthy" recipes which he hopes you will enjoy and that will help you to get started on a healthy course.
Write a review
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Lb Pulled Nino's Rotisserie Chicken Meat
- 12 Flour Tortillas, 6”
- - Vegetable Cooking Spray, as needed
- 1 cup Green Cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion
- 1⁄2 cup Red Bell Pepper, Finely Julienned
- 1⁄4 cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Black Beans, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese
- - Low Fat Sour Cream (Optional)
- - Low Soduim Teriyaki Sauce (Optional)
- - Avocado, small slice (Optional)
- In a medium size saute pan over medium high heat, spray the pan with vegetable spray and saute the green onion, cabbage and bell pepper until softened. Reserve in a small bowl.
- Again spray the saute pan with vegetable spray, toss together the first 5 ingredients and saute in the pan 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Warm the flour tortillas in a microwave oven for a few seconds or toast them (lightly) on both sides over an electric or gas range burner.
- Place one flour tortilla on a flat working surface. At the bottom edge of each place approximately 1/4 cup of the seasoned chicken and 1 tablespoon each of the vegetable mixture, the shredded cheese and the black beans. Sprinkle with a good teaspoon of the chopped cilantro on top of the above ingredients and roll up into a "flute" (flauta). Repeat for the remaining.
- Optional ingredients can also be added to your flauta.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/