Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
This is a fun recipe for snackin and parties first created for a WDIV TV Super Bowl Special. Enjoy with corn tortilla chips or, like we did for the show, deep fry some bite size hot dogs with our Corn Dog Batter and dip like "fondue" into this delicious recipe.
Write a review
- 1 Quart Nino's Firehouse Sirloin Chili
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (Mild or Sharp to taste), shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Sour Cream
- Pulse chili in a food processor to break up beans, chili & sirloin pieces into a finer sauce and pour into an appropriately sized sauce pan.
- Heat to a simmer over low heat and add shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted into chili.
- Add sour cream and stir in. Hold at a low temperature in crock pot for fondue like serving.
- NOTE: For a Chili Dog "Guy Fondue", skewer 1 inch lengths of hot dogs at the end of 9 to 10 inch wooden skewers and dip in Corn Dog Batter. Deep fry until golden, dip in Guy Fondue and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped onions and yellow mustard.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/