Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Grilled Pineapple and Mango Salad
Originally created for a live TV segment on WDIV in Detroit, this wonderful salad was part of a Picnic Theme menu that featured many other unique and delicious recipes. Enjoy all by itself or with grilled poultry, fish or pork.
Write a review
- 1 each Pineapple, Fresh, cut in 1/2" rings
- - Non-Stick Vegetable Spray, as needed
- 2 each Mango, peeled, flesh cut in 1/2" dice
- 2 each Colorful Bell Peppers, cut in 1/2" x 1" strips
- 1 cup Black Beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup Red Onion, cut in 1/2" x 1" strips
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion, cut in 1/4" on bias
- 1⁄2 tsp. Chipotle Powder (or substitue 1 seeded fresh jalapeno, chopped)
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Honey
- 1 each Lime, Fresh, juiced
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Spray each side of pineapple rings and grill (or pan sear) on both sides until golden.
- Cool pineapple and cut into 1" chunks.
- Place cut pineapple in a medium size mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Toss, season with salt and pepper to taste and keep refrigerated until service.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/