Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Grilled Fresh Figs with Chevre, Prosciutto & Balsamic Syrup
A delicious recipe for outdoor grilling! The sweetness of the fresh figs is balanced wonderfully with both the tart and pungent Chevre Cheese and the Sweet and Sour flavor of the Balsamic Syrup reduction.
Write a review
- 8 medium Ripe Figs
- 1/2 cup Chevre (Goat Cheese)
- 2 tsp. Minced Chives
- 4 thin slices Prosciutto
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Light Molasses
- As Desired - Blackberries, Raspberries and/or Mint
- To Taste - Salt & Pepper
- Cut figs in half, partially leaving one side intact.
- In a small bowl, combine the Chevre, rosemary and chives.
- Place a small amount of the Chevre mixture in the center of the fig and press the sides together.
- Wrap each fig with a half of a piece of Prosciutto and skewer with a pick if necessary.
- Grill wrapped figs over medium low heat, turning once or twice, to lightly toast fig exterior and melt Chevre cheese. Do not burn.
- While grilling figs, combine balsamic vinegar and molasses in a small, heavy saucepan and reduce to 2 ½ Tbsp.
- Once figs are done, remove to a plate or platter, drizzle with syrup reduction and garnish with fresh berries, a sprig of mint and freshly cracked black pepper.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/