Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Grilled, Fresh Black Figs with Chevre and Balsamic Vinaigrette
The first time I tried a recipe VERY similar to this one was at a Michigan Chef's Dinner at a restaurant called Tapawingo in Northern Michigan. It was the spring of 1992. Grilled on an outdoor grill, the aroma of Black Mission Figs and melted Chevre Cheese filled the air and those figs were the talk of the Hors d' fest that day. This recipe is quite similar, and with the addition of Nino's Maple Bacon they are, in my opinion, even better!
Write a review
- 1 Package Italian Blend Greens
- 6 each Black Figs, Fresh
- 1⁄2 cup Cheese, Chevre (Goat)
- 1⁄3 cup Cranberries, Sun Dried
- 1⁄2 cup Butcher Shop Brand ”Maple Bacon”, cut 1/2" and cooked crisp
- 1⁄3 cup Soy Nuts, Salted, roasted
- 3⁄4 cup Wishbone Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Trim off tip of figs, slice in half and marinate (cut side down) in 1/4 cup of the Balsamic Dressing for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat grill to medium/low heat.
- Portion one tablespoon of Chevre cheese on each cut surface of figs and place on grill, cheese side up.
- Close grill and cook until cheese is melted, then remove from the grill and allow to rest while tossing the remaining ingredients with the exception of the soy nuts.
- Place 2 halves of the fig on the top of each salad and garnish with soy nuts.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/