Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
German Potato Salad
Write a review
- 1 ½ Lb White Waxy Potatoes
- 6 Slices Thick Cut Bacon, cut ½ pieces
- 1 Cup Sweet Onion, Cut in half then sliced ¼”
- 1 TBSP Bacon Grease
- 1/3 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Mustard Powder
- 2 TBSP Water
- 3 TBSP Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Cook potatoes whole, with skin on in boiling water until tender. Drain off all water, chill potatoes and cut into 1” pieces.
- In a small sauté pan over medium high heat cook bacon until crisp then add onion and sauté one minute longer. Reserve the cooked bacon and onion and 1 TBSP of the resulting bacon grease. Cool.
- Combine the cooked and cooled potatoes with the bacon mixture and all remaining ingredients. Stir and chill.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/