Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
THE standard rice accompaniment for many Asian Entrees. Feel free to add sliced or chopped sauteed chicken, pork or shrimp for an entree style version. Our Lettuce Wrap Sauce is also a nice accompaniment to this side dish.
Write a review
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup Green Onion, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup Carrot, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup Green Peas
- 8 each Extra Large Eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 6 cups Converted Rice, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cook raw rice in boiling salted water until tender. Drain, cool and use amount of cooked rice listed for the recipe only.
- Heat vegetable oil in a hot fry pan or wok.
- Add at once: garlic, green onions, carrots and peas. Stir fry or saute for two minutes.
- Beat together eggs and add to sauteed mixture. Saute and scramble in finely.
- Add cooked rice and saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Saute or stir fry 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve or chill for later use.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/