Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Fresh Pear Crisp with Ginger Snap Cookie Crust
One of Chef Pete's very favorite recipes for pears is this Fresh Pear Crisp using a crushed Ginger Snap Streusel which adds a special sweet-spiciness and goes particularly well with any pear you choose.
Write a review
- 1 Cup Ginger Snap Cookies, crushed or chopped
- 1⁄2 Cup Rolled Oats (Not Quick Oats)
- 1⁄2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3⁄4 Stick Melted Butter
- 6 Cups Pears, peeled, cored, halved and sliced 1/4" or diced into 3/4" pieces
- 1⁄4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1⁄4 Stick Melted Butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Grease or spray with vegetable spray, a small oven-proof baking dish (approximately 8" x 8").
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the ginger snap cookies with the rolled oats, brown sugar and 3/4 cup of melted butter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pears, granulated sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, 1/4 cup melted butter, salt and cinnamon and pour that mixture into your baking dish.
- Top evenly with the ginger snap cookie and oat mixture and bake in a 350 degree oven approximately 45 minutes or until the filling is bubbly.
- Allow the crisp to cool until warm and serve with the BEST vanilla ice cream you can find!
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/