Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Fresh Peach or Nectarine Salsa
A fantastic "Sauce Alternative" for grilled fish, poultry or meats, especially Cajun Blackened entrees or spicy ones. In addition to the fruits listed here, you can also add Plums, Apricots or other "stone" fruits. This recipe can also be served (well chilled) in a lettuce cup as a unique summer appetizer or mid-course intermezzo.
Write a review
- 3 cups Fresh Peaches, small diced
- 1 Lime, fresh for lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup Sweet Cherries, small diced
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Red Bell Pepper, small diced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cups Red Onion, small diced
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Jalapeno Pepper, no seeds, minced
- 1⁄4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic, Fresh, minced
- Wash, then remove all pits (stones) from fruit before dicing. (You can leave the skin on.)
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive (glass, plastic, porcelain or stainless steel) bowl.
- Stir to combine and allow to rest one hour before service to marinate all flavors together.
- Yield: 4 cups
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/