Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Fresh Herbed Watermelon Salad
This salad features one of summer's fruit treasures, the watermelon. It could just as easily contain other melon varieties as well. The combination of sweet watermelon with fresh herbs and the sweetly sour dressing of olive oil, lime juice and honey are an extraordinary combination that will have your family wanting this again.
Write a review
- 1 ea. Red Onion, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup Salvaggio's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 ea. Fresh Limes, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup Fresh Mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Quarts Watermelon, seeded, cubed
- 1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted, halved
- In a medium size bowl, combine onion, olive oil, lime juice, herbs and honey to make a dressing.
- Place watermelon in a large mixing bowl and toss with dressing.
- Place mixture in a serving bowl and garnish with feta cheese and olives.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/