Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Fire Roasted Tomato-Red Pepper Chicken
Simple and easy. This recipe is all about the sauce which means it's all about the roasted freshness of both the tomatoes and red peppers. It's almost a Chicken Cacciatore style but much simpler. Having said that, feel free to add other sauteed ingredients like eggplant or mushrooms to garnish.
Write a review
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 each Large Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 each Red Bell Peppers
- 1⁄3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Romano Cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 5 each Scallions (Green Onions), chopped
- Roast peppers and tomatoes, holding with tongs directly over open flame until skins are blackened.
- Place peppers and tomatoes in a paper bag for 5 minutes and peel skin off under cold running water.
- Discard pepper stems and seeds and chop tomatoes and peppers coarsely. Tomatoes and peppers can also be roasted on high under the broiler in oven if no open flame is available. Be sure to turn as skin blackens.
- Puree peppers, tomatoes, cheese, olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth. (Food processor works best.)
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes and saute in olive oil until brown.
- Add pepper-tomato mixture and finish cooking chicken, about 6 minutes on high.
- Chop scallions into 1/4 inch pieces and discard bottom white part.
- Chop parsley and garlic coarse and add with onions to chicken mixture and heat on high for 2 minutes more.
- Can also be served over pasta or rice, garnish with extra grated Romano.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/