Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Farmhouse Chicken Soup with Italian Sausage
Chef Pete really loves this soup. The combination of chicken and Italian sausage really gives the broth a wonderful, robust, heartiness. Another thing he loves about this soup is all of the different garnishments that add interest to the look and taste.
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Crushed Canned Tomatoes
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1⁄2 cup Green Beans, cut in 2" lengths
- 1⁄2 cup Black Eyed Peas, canned, drained
- 1 cup Cooked Chicken Meat, diced
- 2 links Nino's Sweet Italian Sausage, cooked, cut into 1/4" disks which are then cut in half again
- 2 cup Baby Spinach Leaves, fresh
- 1⁄4 tsp. Oregano, dry
- 1⁄4 tsp. Sage, rubbed, dry
- 1 pinch Thyme, dry
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium size saucepan, then sweat onions, carrots, celery and bell peppers until just tender (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Adjust with additional chicken stock as desired.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes to marry flavors.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/